13 August 2008

Friday Night Family Night

We had a great Family Night this past weekend. We spent the weekend at Kya's birthmother's wedding and receptions. She was sealed in the Logan Temple and then had two different receptions.
The sealing was amazing. You could feel the spirit very strong. The sealer even mentioned how beautiful it is to see children who are adopted be sealed to their parents in the temple. He didn't know that we were the adoptive parents of the bride. I balled of course, and Carl even got a little teary-eyed.
I love the experiences we have had with adoption.
Here are a few pics of Kya and daddy at the reception. No pics of me of course...being the photographer and all.





I just love this picture. Kya loves her daddy.

Aside from the wedding festivities...we are still busy remodeling our house. Working on the siding and finishing the outside. I will soon be posting pics of the before and after of the outside of the house. Carl and I are having a blast working together and accomplishing such a big project together. It will be fun to finally move into the house and call it our own...First home and all.
Carl and I have really grown closer through-out this project and shared lots of laughs. Some laughs from jokes and having fun, others out of pure fatigue and late nights. I love Carl so much, he is a hard worker and so much fun to hang out with. But I do have to say, I am getting my hand just as dirty as him with this project, I love it.

1 comment:

Burke Family said...

Beautiful family! Kya is a doll, and you are such a good photographer!